By Saheli Maity | January 5th, 2019
Little did we know that with Om Shanti Om, a star was also born that day and that is none other than Deepika Padukone. From playing a wild and fun loving Veronica in Cocktail to the very graceful Rani Radmaavati in Padmaavat, there's something about Deepika's onscreen characters that one should adopt in their lives.
On her birthday, we've listed down a few of her best roles that she has played in her beautiful journey so far:
1. Shantipriya / Sandy from Om Shanti Om:- Shantipriya and Sandy are the two sides of the same coin. Shanti taught us how to be grounded even after tasting success while it was Sandy who said that being a little carefree in life is good too.
2. Veronica from Cocktail:- She was wild, bold, beautiful and headstrong, who cared a damn about the world. And don't you think we all a little bit of Veronica in us too?
3. Piku from Piku:- If nothing, two things we should definitely learn from Piku is to be independent and to take charge of things, especially parents when they need us. To add on, the daughter-father relationship is something we all have admired.
4. Mastani from Bajirao Mastani:- Even though Mastani was head over heels in love with Bajirao, she stood up for herself in all circumstances with pride and dignity.
5. Naina from Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani:- Naina taught us that we should never lose our innocence. She was the one who found happiness in small small things and isn't that what matters at the end of the day, right?
6. Rani Padmaavati from Padmaavat:- Personally, we think this is one of the most powerful characters of Deepika. She was the epitome of strength and courage and this is what we should all pick up from Rani Padmaavati.
Tell us which one is your favorite character?